These tips are easy to follow whether eating at home or dining out:
- Put one serving of food on your plate before sitting down at the table instead of serving family-style. Immediately refrigerate or freeze the extras.
- Cook smaller amounts if you don't like leftovers.
- Put your snack foods in a small bowl or snack size bag. Limit yourself to this amount as opposed to eating out of the large bag or box.
- Use smaller plates, you are still seeing a plate full of food which helps you to not feel like your are cutting back. If you see a full plate, you'll feel a full stomach.
- Don't get overly hungry. Eat at regular times. It is recommended to eat smaller meals 4-5 times a day instead of 3 larger meals. It's like putting firewood on a fire, putting smaller amounts of food in your body more frequently fuels your metabolism and helps to speed up the weight loss.
- When eating out, use the guide to smaller portions. Have the rest placed in a doggie bag for another meal.
- Fill up on low-calorie beverage, soup or salad before the main course.
- Limit your or eliminate bread or chips before your meal.
Just remember that the number of calories you consume will affect your weight and your health. Eating a variety of nutritious foods in sensible portion sizes will help you reach and maintain a healthy wealth.