- Enjoy yardwork - Any type of physical activity, even those you would rather avoid, such as cutting the grass, planting flowers, and pulling weeds are ways to burn fat and condition your body - so don't think of it as a chore, but as a way to tone up your body.
- Take bigger steps - when walking, try taking bigger/longer steps, or if walking stairs go at a brisk pace instead of just plodding up the stairs, by doing this you use more muscles, burn more calories, and get better toning.
- Give away your dinner plates - buy smaller plates. Even if you fill your plate to capacity, you're still eating less but not feeling deprived because your plate is full.
- Pass on the potatoes - Potatoes in any form - mashed, baked, fried, or chips - raise your insulin level in your blood, triggering your body to stop burning and start storing fat. (Sweet potatoes are okay since they have more nutrients and fiber.)
- Request a substitute - if your restaurant entree comes with a side of pasta, potatoes, or white rice, ask for a vegetable instead - less carbs and more nutrients and fiber.
More tips to come in part 3.
If carbs are a problem for you, you may want to check out a product I carry with me, especially when eating out, called Carb-Ease, it helps reduce the absorption of carbs and sugars in the diet.
Blessings for a Glorious Day!