- Eat more protein - Approx. 25%-30% of the calories in each gram of protein are burned in digestion, compared to approx. 6%-8% of the calories from carbs. That adds up quickly. Remember to chose only lean meats, eggs, healthy protein drinks, low-fat cheese and dairy products.
- Read labels - Avoid foods that contain heavy syrup, such as canned fruits, chose fresh or frozen veggies over canned ones that often times have hidden sodium, chose whole or multi-grains over products made with white flour.
- Get off your behind - doing your exercises standing instead of sitting expends up to 30% more calories. There are also lots of times throughout the day that we could stand instead of always sitting at a desk, like stand and talk on the phone - with all the technology we have these days, you can talk on the phone doing just about anything, anytime, and any place.
- Mix it up - mix up your exercise routine working different muscle groups to get the most effective workouts. If you are lifting weights alternate sets between upper and lower body. If you are doing cardio alternate between the elliptical and jumping jacks.
- Get motivation - what movie or song gets you motivated, whatever it is, watch ti or listen to it once a week. Some examples are Rocky, Fighting the Giants, American Flyer's, The Eye of the Tiger sound track, etc.
More tips to come, come back tomorrow.
For those of you who are sore after working out, I recommend Post-workout Recovery, I've used it frequently after a hard work out or after getting a little ambitious in the garden, it makes a world of difference!
Blessings for a Glorious Day!