Tips to help lose that gut - part 4:
- Don't skip meals - not eating for long periods of time puts your body into a catabolic state, meaning it starts to break down muscle tissue for energy, and conserves fat. Be sure you eat 3 meals a day and 2 healthy snacks, you need to be fueling your fire (metabolism) every 2-3 hours.
- Challenge yourself - challenge yourself to run farther, lift more, dance longer - even if it is just by a little each time you workout - it insures that you will burn more calories each time you workout. It also instills confidence in yourself that you can do it!
- Lift those weights - if you hate to exercise, just 10 minutes of lifting, three days a week will help. Harvard studies show that 30 minutes of weight training a week has a greater reduction on waist size than any other variable.
- Pickles, please - snack on dill pickles, they are only one calorie a slice, plus the dill helps to stimulate the burning of carbs.
- No bags or boxes - avoid foods that come in bags or boxes, they are typically highly processed carbs that will quickly raise blood sugar levels and shut down the body's ability to burn fat.
I hope these tips have been helpful for those wanting leaner/flatter abs.
If you need help controlling your appetite, I recommend you get the skinny on Slim!
Blessings for a Glorious Day!